Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer, Summer......

I am SOOOOOOO lazy!! It's summertime and I have done NOTHING that I had planned on doing! But I DO have a good excuse!! It's been BLAZING hot around here for the last week or so.....and it's been muggy too....you know what I mean, the type of heat that just drains the energy right out of you.

But today I'm going to DO something! LOL Well, I have PLANS to do something, whether or not it gets done is a totally different story, but I DO have good intentions. (yeah, I know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.....well, it HAS been hot, just not that hot!)

I'm going to clean and re-arrange my kitchen today. There I said it! Now I just need to DO it! You see, I have an ant problem. I have had an ant problem since the ground thawed out and the little buggers began crawling around. I have tried EVERYTHING, well, everything except an Anteater, and that's ONLY because I don't know where to get an Anteater, (if any of you out there happen to have one laying around gathering dust, please send it my way!!) and nothing has worked. I mean NOTHING!!

It's not those big black ants that are driving me to distraction.....it's those little biting things that have invaded my home. They are not only in the kitchen, the computer room and the bathroom, they are now trooping towards the bedroom. I just don't get it, I mean, I can understand them being interested in the kitchen, there are all kinds of goodies in there, but the bedroom???? There is nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, in my bedroom that any self-respecting ant would have even a glimmer of interest in! At this point in my life there isn't anything in my bedroom that I'M interested in! So I don't understand the ants sudden interest in my bedroom. (Maybe they know something I don't know? It's either that or they figure since I'm not using it to it's fullest extent they should step in and take over???)

Anyway, for whatever reason, the ants are taking over my house and I AM going to do something about it. (Maybe move?) I hate to use poisons, I have WAY too many little furry creatures to risk too much of that crap. And the Boric acid around the windows etc. hasn't worked. Even the outside sprinkle around the foundation stuff hasn't stopped these little invaders. I'm just not sure what else to do, but I'll try any suggestions that y'all may have.

I just don't want to wake up one morning tied up and staked out like Gulliver with thousands of little ants pacing around me trying to figure out exactly what I am and what they should do about me.

Maybe I should just plant a white flag in the middle of the house and try to get them to sign a truce??

Laters!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I have heard that corn meal will work,they take back to THERE home,eat it swells up and you know the rest,BOOM!! Good Luck!!

Teri said...

Thanks Sandra! But I've done the cornmeal and the only thing it did was to bring in three ants for every one it killed.