Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring has sprung.....

Spring peepers are singing, flowers are starting to bloom and the robins are hopping around the yard like insane little worm robbers.  Those are just a few of the signs of Spring.....the BETTER signs of Spring......I, unfortunately, am the unwilling possessor of one of the WORSE signs of Spring.........a sinus infection!!

Yes folks, I have a raging Sinus Infection, complete with the congestion AND running nose, the blinding headache and the disgusting YUCK draining down my throat every time I try to sleep!!!  And, as if that isn't enough, I'm now sneezing because the trees are now budding out!!

Have you EVER woke up in the middle of the night, throat clogged with, well let's just use YUCK, head booming like a bass drum, nose running like a Sugar Tree, eyes aching and then begin to SNEEZE???  It's NOT a pretty sight......last night I sat up, hair poofed out around my head like an explosion of blond hair, eyes red and watery, making that noise we all make when we try to clear our throat and then a sneeze erupted from me with a sound something akin to an insane coyote in heat!  My poor little Jack Russell Terror shot up from the chair, looked around wildly and began to bark, then whine, then bark.  My "I should have been a Lion" Grey Kitten shot straight into the air like she had been shot from a cannon in a Circus and my Socially Handicapped Emmy started crying and whining like she does when Wacker, the large yellow Tom Cat From Hell, swats her.

Of course this tragic comedy that was taking place in my living room caused me to start to laugh, well, make a sound that passes for laughing when you wake up at 3 a.m. with a splitting headache, clogged pipes, watery eyes and a nose twitching from a pollen attack.  My croak of laughter only served to piss off the varied and sunder animal life in my house.  The Jack Russell Terror turned her back to me and actually growled (something she doesn't do very often), the Would Be Lion proceeded to run through the house as though she had a crawdad attached to her tail, the Socially Handicapped Pup started barking like an idiot and the Wacker Cat started to sharpen his claws while staring at me.......I know he was blaming me for the unwanted interruption of his middle of the night peace and plotting my bloody death should it ever happen again.

So, fearing for my life, or rather for my skin, I decided to get up and make me a cup of hot tea.  Yeah, good, strong, hot tea will clear my throat and perhaps relax me.  If nothing else, it will at the very least, keep the Wacker Cat from filleting me alive.

After fixing my tea, I stepped out onto the back porch to enjoy some fresh Spring air and listen to the Peepers scream, errr sing.  It was the most enjoyable part of my day so far.

Anyway, I came back inside, browsed around the Internet, caught up on a couple of episodes of Dexter and pondered the meaning of life as a single middle aged woman (in other words dozed for a while, wondered why I wasn't in a relationship and then promptly celebrated that fact!).

You see, I'm just your average, middle aged woman, relatively happy with my life and perfectly satisfied with NOT having a relationship....well, other than with the various and sunder 4 legged  "people" that are in my life at the moment.  So all in all, Life is good!

Other than the fact that I'm suffering with a raging headache, stuffy head, running nose, red eyes, clogged throat, sneezing like a maniac and fearing for my life because of a large yellow cat with homicidal tendencies!

So, if  you don't hear from me in a week or two, send a rescue team, a heavily armed rescue team!!

Dodadaghovi

4 comments:

Mark said...

You are a great writer! I can so relate, and visualize each critter and their reactions. I'd like to share my experience with sinus problems. For about 20 years I thought people were crazy when they suggested rinsing my sinuses out with water. I thought it would burn and I'd feel like I was drowning. Fortunately I was finally desperate enough to have the courage to try it and find out I was wrong. It's GREAT! The salt packets get the PH just right and I use a temperature probe in my microwave to get the temp perfect. Then I get in the shower and make a mess where it doesn't matter, even though the kitchen sink is good enough. This is what I use: http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php I tried another one but it wasn't as good. Prepare to be amazed and kick yourself for not trying this years ago.

Teri said...

Thank you Mark. Don't know if I'm brave enough to try the water up the nose thing just yet, but I will keep it in mind.

Sandra said...

I could not put anything up my nose,gives me the woolys,I was in the hospital for gallbladder surgery,they said I had to have tube put in my nose,Doc said would put in after I was asleep,maybe 10 mins. later nurse came in to put in my nose,that experence I do not want again,now I can't stand ANYTHING put in my nose,Praying your sinuses get better soon

Rue said...

Oh gosh - I hope this finds you in a better state than a few days ago. I've had a rough sinus/lung cold these past few weeks too.

Hope you are having a good equinox and can enjoy a bit of Spring now!