Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well, well, the sky looks like I feel....

This morning the sunrise reflected my soul. Grays, and blue grays and not a promise of a sunrise in sight.

Here is what I woke up to:





It's now 67 degrees in good ole Calhoun County. The humidity is 89% with a 55% chance of rain/thunderstorms. I hope that the skies empty themselves on me and everything surrounding my life. Rain, like tears, shouldn't be pent up.

Anyway.....on to brighter subjects.....

Last nights' sunset was the most lonely looking I've ever seen. Or maybe it's just me.....you decide:



Sometimes I think I'm destined to be alone with my thoughts....too bad so many of them are dark and frightening. Does anyone else have that problem or is it, like usual, just me?

One bright spot in my life right now is that I belong to the most caring, wonderful group of women I have ever met. Primitive Thymes is a group that was started by a funny, strong, loving woman named Sandra. I'm not real sure why she decided to include me, but I was one of the first that she asked. We belonged to another group that decided to exclude me (unsub me with no warning) because of my religious beliefs. It was only a matter of days and Sandra had this other group that is interested (passionate about)in Primitive Decor and she said "Get your ass over here!!" (Not really, but it sounds good, doesn't it??)

Anyway, the women that belong to this small group are some of the funniest, most loving and caring bunch of women I've ever met!!

I am also blessed to have Deb, Esther and Laura in my life. Two of them are older than I am (not by much) and the other is younger than all but one of my children. Two of these wonderful women are dealing with situations that would drag most of us down, but they are both able to laugh, and make me laugh. The other one has been there for 26 years, through tears, laughter, sickness, marriage, divorce and the loss of parents. She has always listened and never judged. But neither have the other two!! THANK YOU ALL!!

To all of these women, THANK YOU GIRLS!! Some days the only thing I have to look forward to is hearing from you!! I love you all!!

All of this gets me to thinking about a few things. The main thing is a question that I would like to have answered.

Do men depend on each other the way women do?? Do men band together for anything other than sports and war??

Women seem to gravitate toward one another. We help each other out when it seems that there is nothing that can or will go right. We raise each other's children, comfort each other when we cry and hold each other's heads when we are sick. (Deb, you know I'm talking about you!!) We can be harsh judges of one another, but we can also forgive each other of things that are senseless or stupid. Women can love one another as they love no one else. We can hate one another as we hate no one else. But regardless of what we are, how we look or what our religious beliefs are, we are Sisters with different parents. We choose to love one another, to put up with one another and to defend one another. WE are the chosen ones.

Love you all Sisters!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwww, that was so sweet. THANKS TO YOU also. Laura