Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good morning, good morning!

Good morning kiddies, if there are any of you out there.  It's a balmy 31 degrees in old Sunny Cal, and there is a humidity level of 96%!!!  Eeeeehawww, that means that once again it's damp and cold.  Don't you just love damp and cold.  But the temperature is suppose to reach the wonderful level of 60 degrees.  So today is going to be clean the house and put plastic on the windows day!!

I need to run the vacuum, to put away my every growing collection of magazines, to dust and to clean every glass surface in the house.  I also need to put away clothes, clean out the fridge, and get the dishes done.  But mainly I need to get the plastic up to the windows.  It's getting cold at night, this house is old and the windows are so good.

Now, it is my intention to get all of this stuff done today.  Or at least the majority of it done.  But you know what they say about the road to Hell being paved with good intentions, right?  What I mean is, the chance of me NOT getting distracted and off track are about the same as the chances of winning the Powerball.  I KNOW something will happen that will defeat my attempt to get my house TOTALLY cleaned.  I know that there are things that will come up and derail my attempt to do "what needs to be done".  And all I can say is So What???

So what if my windows are slightly smeared and not crystal clear?  Will it kill me?  Will it kill any visitors to my home?  No, it will not.  If someone is coming to my house to see my windows, then they can just drive by.  If they are coming to my house to see me, they won't notice the windows.  So, I guess that I have a different outlook on it than most women, but maybe not.  I want my house to be clean, I want things to be perfect, but I realize that there are things in life that are more important than a white glove clean knick-knack shelf.

But, like a trooper, I will get my ass up off this couch, and turn on the music, dig out the vacuum and start picking up the dogs toys.  I'll do my best to get things done, and I won't beat myself up if something gets in the way of my achieving my goal. (You know if something important like a phone call, a great photo opportunity or a good dance song comes on the stereo.)

Anyway, I'm off to do whatever it is that I'm going to do.....and quite honestly, who really knows what that may be??

Later!!

No comments: