Monday, October 19, 2009

Good morning world!!

Good morning!!  It's a balmy 32 degrees in Ole Calhoun County this morning.  The humidity is 84% and it is a crisp, bright morning that promises a bright, sunny (although NOT warm) day.  The forecast calls for a high of 58 today, with a low of 35 tonight. 

I'm just sitting here, drinking a second cup of tea and reading through some emails before getting busy doing all the stuff I should have done this weekend, but didn't.

One of the things I should have done was upload more of my pictures.  I have over a thousand on this computer and it's starting to slow things down.  So today, while I'm dusting, washing and cleaning, my old computer will be uploading pictures to various albums on Snapfish.  (yes, I'll post a link if you want to see.)

While browsing through the pictures I found a few more that I really like.  As you know, I find ordinary things to be awe-inspiring, so some of you won't "get" these photos, but I know that some of you will.  For those of you that don't "get" them, it will just be more proof that I'm as strange as you originally thought, which is okay because I tend to agree with you on that.

Here we go:




As you can see, I played around with a few of these pictures.  I love using Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop to enhance, age and/or alter photos.  I also love photos of tree lined roads, old buildings, gravestones, and things that are out of place (by that I mean a wash-tub in the woods with greenery growing in it, or a plastic chair sitting in the middle of an over-grown field.....like that photos below)




If the "out of place" things are usable, and the landowner doesn't mind, I have been known to take them and "re-use" them.  If they are natural items, i.e. metals, wood etc, I usually leave them to nature.

Anyway.....I think I'm going to go over to the CCCOA for lunch today.  For those of you who are scratching your heads, it's the Calhoun County Council On Aging.  They're having sloppy joes today and I LOVE sloppy joes!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I "get" your photo's. I really enjoyed them. I hope the sloppy joe's are good today.