Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life is interesting

I realize that I haven't been posting as much as usual lately. But, well quite honestly, "real" life, life that doesn't happen here in cyberspace, has kept me pretty busy. Actually, Life is interesting and I'm going to enjoy each and every moment of it!!

Let's see, what's been going on?? Well, simple things really, things that folks take for granted all the time. Talking to people I care about, spending time doing things I enjoy doing, and learning how to be part of the world again. Boy, that sounds all mysterious and stuff, doesn't it?

I'm just being me. And believe me, that's a job. Some days being me isn't all it's cracked up to be, but lately being me is really a great thing to be.

I've been writing again, not just here on the blog, but I've been doing the poetry thing again, and I've been re-reading some things I wrote years ago. Some of the things I wrote years ago are actually pretty good and I'm finishing, or at least trying to finish, a few of them.

I'm still doing the photography thing. I've always done photography, it's just that now I "see" things differently. You may have noticed by some of my photos, I see beauty in places that some (most) people don't. But that's okay, I know that I'm different from everyone else, and that's as it should be.

I'm trying to get some personal issues worked out, things that I really don't discuss with many people. It's more an issue of trying to figure out things about myself and why I am the way I am. It's tough work, but some one's got to do it and there is no one more qualified than I am.

I've been designing some patterns for winter. Primitive patterns that is. I don't have many done right now, the one handed thing is really slowing me down, but I'm putting thoughts and ideas on paper and trying to figure out how they will look without actually trying to cut and sew stuff. It's not working too well, but until I can afford to hire an assistant (ha, ha) this is how it's got to be.

The last couple of days have been beautiful. The weather has been warm and the sky has been clear and bright, so I've been outside a lot. But of course, it's suppose to start raining on Friday, so that will put an end to that. Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful, and I think I'm going to take the camera and go for a nice, long walk. Who knows what I may find??

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm going to be spending time with someone that I find very interesting, and possibly even get to go hear some Bluegrass music. Even if I don't get to go to the Bluegrass thing, I'm sure this weekend will be amazing. Anyway, I won't be posting too awful much this weekend, but I'll let y'all know I'm still out here somewhere.

Here are a few photos that I've played around with. Nothing fancy, but I thought with Halloween on it's way, these might be appreciated. These are pictures of the old Calhoun County High School. The last few are the ones I've altered. Let me know what you think.








Enjoy Life y'all!!


No comments: