Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dog troubles, cold weather and busted water heater.

So, me and my little black dog, Loki, were attacked on our own porch this morning by two of the neighbor's dogs. There have been complaints about these dogs, as they have attacked another neighbor's German Shepard, as well as getting into the trash and just generally causing problems.

I'm not sure what is going to be done, the woman that owns them is not, how should I say it, quite "with it" if you know what I mean. So what will be done about the dogs, and her, is up in the air right now. But when I know I'll let you know.

My dog was more scared than actually hurt, and I was scared and very, very, very angry!! Anyone that knows me knows that I take care of my pets, they aren't allowed to go wandering around at will, and NONE of them have ever threatened or lunged at anyone. These two dogs, however, have caused and are continuing to cause problems. Hopefully they won't have to be put down, but I figure that is what will happen.

I think it's a shame when the animals have to suffer for the stupidity or laziness of the owners. The dogs didn't ask this person to take them in, nor do they have any say in how they are treated. Sometimes it seems as though the ticket a person will get for having vicious dogs at large is more of a joke than an actual punishment.

Enough about that, I'm still angry and I don't need to spout off about what I think.

COLD WEATHER....yes folks, it's a chilly day in old Sunny Cal, but it IS April, so we should expect the unexpected, right? It's finally stopped raining, at least for the moment, but the ground (ie mud) is soaked and slicker than snot on a marble! (Yes, I said snot on a marble. For those of you that don't realize just how slick that is, all I can say is try it for yourself and you'll have a better understanding! LOL)

Now on to the thing that is driving me NUTS!! My water heater has heated it's last drop. Yes, it is headed for the great water heater Happy Heating Ground. After cleaning up about 6 inches of HOT (think par boiled Teri) water out of the laundry room and bath room, I have decided that I really should consider moving. When a person has a lousy landlord, they should stay...I'm just saying.

But, the landlord situation aside, not having hot water is more than a inconvenience for me. I HAVE to have at least one shower a day...preferably a bath AND a shower. But, since there is no hot water, and it's about 40 degrees outside, I can't take either a hot bath or a hot shower. AND IT SUCKS!!!

I have been on a quest to find a good used gas water heater......and like all quests, it has been difficult and unproductive up til now. No, I haven't found a water heater, but the day isn't over and I am not one to quit, so the Quest continues!!

I've been working on the "manuscript"....notice the quotes? Well, there's a reason for them....the stupid thing has taken on it's own life and is making mine more complicated!! I'm not sure who is who anymore, nor what they are doing. So, it's like hunting for pennies in the tall grass at midnight! A lost cause unless you are really, really, really determined! And yes, I am determined!

I will post a few pages now and then for you all to read IF I get comments stating that you all would like to read a few pages. SOOOOOOOO, if you want to read a few more pages of the manuscript, please LET ME KNOW.

Well I'm out for a while!

Dodadaghovi

No comments: