Friday, April 29, 2011

FED UP WITH STUPIDITY!!!

I am ASHAMED of about 2/3 of the people I know and love.

Pretty harsh statement, huh? Well, let me explain. In the past several days we, the United States, have had numerous storms that RAVAGED this country. HUNDREDS have DIED, THOUSANDS are homeless and an UNTOLD number are injured. And the number one topic of DISCUSSION on both the internet and the television is the ROYAL WEDDING!

WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR FELLOW AMERICANS!!!

But are we? NO. (Once again a harsh statement.) We are concerned with THE ROYAL WEDDING!!!

News coverage has bumped down the DEVASTATION that has taken place in this country in order to make a big deal of a wedding that is taking place in THE VERY COUNTRY WE HAD TO FIGHT IN ORDER TO WIN OUR FREEDOM!!!

The fact that royal wedding is costing UK citizens OVER $50 BILLION is disgusting!!
I’m sure that money could be put to better use!

The fact that the UNITED STATES was one of the first countries to give financial aid to ENGLAND after the blitzes of WWII and now we sit here IN GREAT NEED OF ASSISTANCE and the majority of the country is MESMERIZE by a wedding…..well, there are no words to even begin to describe how that makes me feel!!

The amount of money that is being spent to televise a wedding is ridiculous. Especially in light of the recent events within the borders of this ONCE great country of ours. Think of how many people could be housed, or treated for injuries, or fed or simply COMFORTED by the ridiculous amount the MEDIA is wasting on something that TAKES PLACE EVERY DAY!!

YES FOLKS, PEOPLE GET MARRIED EVERY DAY!!! HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE GET MARRIED EVERY DAY!!! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY NEITHER THE PRINCE NOR HIS BRIDE WILL BE IN A POSITION TO RUN OUR COUNTRY!!!

FACE IT AMERICA…..we have become a NATION led by our NOSES by the MEDIA!! What the fat-cats in positions of power within the MEDIA think we should be concerned with is WHAT WE ARE CONCERNED WITH!

I’M ASHAMED OF US….all of us. I’m even ashamed of myself, although I have NOT and will NOT watch one damn thing that has to do with some wedding taking place in another country while AMERICAN CITIZENS suffer. I’m ashamed of myself for the mere fact that I haven’t VOICED MY OPINION more LOUDLY and more OFTEN!!!!

2 comments:

Ron B. said...

BBack to what I've been saying for at least the last decade. Our nation needs to clean up our own backyard and show we are capable before we try being " BIG BROTHER" to the rest of the world.

ESTHER said...

Well said!