Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soooo.....it's April!

So, it's April! If you didn't already know that just take a look outside, it's getting green and brown....green because the leaves are popping out and brown because mud is the new favorite color of West Virginia!

I, for one, don't like the weather this month offers us. Although April is one of my favorite months, simply because my oldest daughter, Shan, was born on the 17th and my birthday is the 19th, I could do without the weather that is thrown at us. We have everything from rain, snow, 86 degree days, fog and of course the mud.

It's so bad that I've taught my dogs to wipe their feet before they come inside! LOL I'm sick of everything having that wonderful reddish-brown color that is left behind by the slicker than snot mud of our great state! (For those of you who don't know, West Virginia mud is mostly clay....disgusting, skin staining, slick and slimy mud!)

Anyway....there's nothing I can do about the weather, so I guess I'll just put up with it and complain from time to time about having to scrub and scrub to TRY and get the mud out of the carpet, my shoes, my socks, my dogs, etc.

Speaking of complaining....I've got enough to complain about without worrying about the mud! My water heater took a dump yesterday! Yes folks, I had about 6 inches of HOT water in the laundry room and the bathroom, and of course the floors are simply linoleum covered press board...which means that I will have to replace the floors as well!! JOY JOY! Isn't my life sooooo restful and simple? Yeah...simply a mess!

On top of trying to find a water heater that I can afford....which would be a free one at this point.....I'm trying to figure out how to heat enough water to take a "bird bath".....I don't have any large pans...I live alone, what is the point of having large pans when you live alone, well, other than to heat water when your water heater decides to blowup!

And of course there is the manuscript! LOL That damn thing has not only taken on a life of it's own, but I've discovered that it's schizophrenic as well! Yes, it can't decide what is going to happen from page to page and I lost control of it chapters ago! I actually wrote 21 pages while staring off into space, allowing the Muses to take control....let me tell you that was a mistake! Sometimes the Muses are TWISTED bitches, let me tell you!

So now I'm trying to figure out who is doing what, where and when. I've had to re-read the entire thing and I'm totally lost trying to figure out what I'm suppose to do now! Strange, huh?

But, such is the life of a frustrated author stuck in the center of West Virginia!

I'm out of here for a while.

Dodadaghovi

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Like my cat,he wants me to walk him on his leash,I said noway it is to wet & muddy out there,he just looked at me, hunted his big brother,got in box with him to sleep I hope,bugging me following me everywhere,but you gotta love them