Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Well, well

It's almost noon and for some strange reason, like I can't sleep, I'm still awake!!

A friend of mine came over and picked up the flea dope I had ordered for our dogs. And, being who she is, she gave me more money than she owed and wouldn't take any change. Hmmm, I guess that's how you tell a real friend from one that is a half ass friend. A real friend says "Keep the change" (or Wait, I don't have any change, but I'll get it back to you" and actually do!) and a half ass friend says "Where's my change?" Damn, I'm going to print that on a t-shirt and make a million dollars....all from REAL friends though....the half ass friends are too cheap to buy a t-shirt with something printed on it. They would rather see it somewhere and copy the saying with black magic marker on an old white t-shirt. (you know who you are!)

I think we can all relate to the Real vs Half-ass friend scenario, unless you're one of THOSE people (and you know who you are). Which one of us haven't had one of THOSE people in our life?? I know I've had several....that is until I became wise enough to get rid of them and vow to never have one of them in my life again. (although I admit I've come close to having one of THOSE.....I'm still close, but I'm fighting it!)

What are one of THOSE people, you ask. Well, it's the "friend" that only calls when they need something, never to ask how you're doing or just to say Hey. Those people have cookouts and parties and don't invite you, but if you have one and don't invite them they act as though they are so hurt and angry that they "just can't talk to you right now." Does any of this sound familiar? If it does you know one of "THOSE" people.....or else you ARE one of "THOSE" people. (Okay.....THOSE people to the left, everybody else to the right.)

Okay, enough of Teri's wisdom on friendship. Let's move on to something else.......

It's summer!! EEEEEHAWWW!! Flowers, sunshine, vacation and......bugs, poison ivy and heat rash. Hmmmm, I'm not sure I like the trade off. The good things are really good, and the bad things SUCK! I've been lucky though, not heat rash or poison ivy (yet). No vacation either....being poor is definitely in the SUCKS column. But then again, I haven't had a vacation in about 8 years, so why should this one be any different? I've learned to keep myself entertained (and hopefully entertain a few others along the way).

Now for a picture.....if you haven't noticed I'm picture crazy and I'm not too proud to admit it. Or inflict it on others.....*evil laugh*.



Don't those clouds look close enough to touch? That photo was taken on Rt 33 going toward Ripley, West Virginia on June 22, 2009. Now for the surprise, that photo was taken from the window of a pickup truck going about 55 miles an hour. Damn, I'm good!

Tata for now.....

No comments: