Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good EARLY, early morning!!

Good Morning!!! Yes, 3:32 am IS the morning, but for me it's still night as I haven't been asleep yet!

About 5 hours ago I sent an email to my FAVORITE yahoo group, Primitive Thymes, telling them about my day (long) and showing off my latest project (cute, and yes, you will see it here as well) and said "I'm going to post to my blog, have a glass of wine and then the sweet oblivion that is sleep." Yeah, right. I just had to read ONE more email, didn't I???

One of my online friends, you know who you are, sent me an email consisting of a link to a crafting site. Just a link, no "hey, how are you" or "Haven't heard from you in a while". This link took me to a site that has HUNDREDS of links to different crafting projects and patterns!! (stop grinning) And of course I had to start looking......so here it is, 3:30 in the morning and I still haven't had that glass of wine or that much needed sleep! (you can stop laughing now, you KNEW what would happen when you sent me that email!!!) I'm beginning to think this "friend" isn't a friend after all, I'm beginning to think she's a sadistic individual that only wants to see how long I'll click on "just one more link". I may never speak to her again. (okay, so you know that's BS, but I feel better for saying it!!!)

Anyway, the only thing I really have to say about my 5 hour trip into crafter heaven (or is that hell??) is "I'm so glad I DON'T knit!!!" (If I did I would STILL be following links!) I now have enough projects in mind that even if I did 10 a day every day the rest of my life I'd have to live to be 120 before I finished them all!!!

But enough of that, I really don't have an excuse for still being awake other than I'm addicted to ALL kinds of crafting and can't help myself! (I've been saying that I need an intervention, but none of you will come across with a place that can help me!!)

Now, for those of you that don't know, John is doing better. He still has some tests and things to have done, but he's not as confused, nor is he exhibiting any other signs of a stroke. I couldn't be more thankful for anything!! Keep those candles lit for him and please remember to mention him in your prayers.

Okay, I said that you'd see my latest project.....so those of you that are insanely bored by my rambling have permission to leave now, the rest of you, follow me.

Shelia, one of the women in the Primitive Thymes group, sent me several patterns last week. I was looking for a Prim mouse pattern that I could alter a little bit to fit this concept that I had floating around in that black hole which is my imagination. (NO, she's NOT the one that sent the dreaded afore mentioned link) One pattern in particular was ALMOST perfect. The Spice Mice pattern she sent was the basis of what you are about to see. I changed the size a little, and didn't do the arms and things the way the pattern instructed, but basically it's that pattern.

Introducing, Mousey, my Prim mouse (she's standing in front of the witch's hat that I made for a table decoration, although it's not quite finished yet):



Here's another picture of her sitting on my couch. The only reason I'm posting this picture is that I want to show off my quilt that I picked up at a garage sale for $1.00!!



Mousey is almost 3 1/2 inches tall. (The witch's hat is not quite 9 inches tall and will have a ring of small fall leaves around the center of the upright piece.....as the seasons change the decorations on the hat will change.) She is made of muslin and is stuffed with cotton fiber. After I stuffed her, I covered her in a mixture of Elmer's glue and water (about 3 to 1) and rolled her in cinnamon. Before she was totally dried, I positioned her ears the way I wanted them. After she dried she was once again glued and rolled. I repeated this a total of 3 times, after the last glue/cinnamon I painted her with the glue mixture and let it dry. The result is that she has a "crust" of cinnamon that makes her quite hard.

After she had dried, I had thought to put white whiskers (which were run through the glue mixture then through her "nose" and then the whiskers were seperated and placed before they dried), black seed bead "eyes" and a little pink satin stitched "nose". But, after I got her whiskers in place I decided that I liked her without the eyes and nose.

Her arms are rusty safety pins, and her feet are small rusty nails. She has a long rusty wire tail and she will have a small basket wired to her hands. I LOVE the way she turned out and, as I type this, she has three "siblings" that are in the process of drying and several more that are in the process of being "born" (varying stages of being cut out, sewn and stuffed). I like this one so much that soon my house will be over-run with mice. Not that it will make any difference to my cats, neither of them will lower themselves to kill a mouse, so I know THEY won't bother them.

Well kids, I really am going to go to bed now. I have to be up in just a couple of hours, so I've got to.

Here I go, clicking my heels and repeating "I will NOT click on another link, I will NOT click on another link".

No comments: