Saturday, September 26, 2009

Love/hate relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with rain. Let's you know how truly disturbed I am, doesn't it??

But really, I love to walk in the rain....that is I love to walk in a light rain when the temperature is over 65. I love the sound of rain on the tin roof of my house. I love the way the earth smells after a good rain.

But.....I HATE mud!!! I hate the way I'm stuck inside when it's cold and wet out. I hate that the rain on the tin roof (a sound that is on my top ten list) makes me so tired that I can't function. I hate the way I feel when I'm so tired and sleepy but restless at the same time each and every time it rains for days.

I know that it's getting to be that time of year when we will either have rain or snow (and I DO prefer the rain), but being boogered up with one hand makes it difficult for me to do anything productive. Hell, I haven't even taken my shower yet. (although I suppose I could step outside with a bar of soap and a scrubbier) I have, however, looked at patterns online, tried to draw out a few of my own and tried to post to my blog. (typing one handed makes it really slow going though)

Other than about the rain, the only other thing I have to say is that John has the flu (I don't, I'm staying away from him) and we still haven't gotten any reports back as far as all the testing the Drs have been doing. I'll let everyone know when we do.

Blessings,

No comments: